District Nurse Services
The District Nurse and the Live Oak School District strive to make student health and wellness a priority.
The District Nurse provides the following services to students:
* Annual Vision Screening for TK, Kindergarten, 2nd, 5th and 8th graders.
* Annual Hearing Screening for TK, Kindergarten, 2nd, 5th, 8th and 10th graders.
* Develop Individual Health Care Plans
* Assist with student IEP and Section 504 development when appropriate
* Medication management during school hours
* Chronic condition management during school hours
* Assessment, identification and treatment of illness and/or injury during school hours
* Intervene with actual and potential health problems
* Immunization monitoring
* Prevent and manage the spread of communicable disease
* Perform and administer specialized healthcare services as needed during school hours
* Health Education including nutrition, mental health, growth and development
* Provide annual staff training
* Promotes District compliance to State and Federal law
The District Nurse Provides the Following Services to families:
- Advocates for health care interventions
- Assists with obtaining health insurance and accessing medical care
- Provides professional healthcare input
- Collaborates with your healthcare providers
- Refers to community resources